Monday, October 18, 2010

PSALM 23

Front
6" x 30"
Tap picture to enlarge


Back
6" x 30"
Tap picture to enlarge

History of the Artwork
PSALM 23
verses 1-4

The Lord is my shepherd, 
I shall not be in want,
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,  
they comfort me.


The wood was found in a pile of ashes.  It was one of the last remaining pieces to survive the fire. 
It is a beautiful piece of cypress native to Louisiana and came from a house built in the 1900's once used for simple home church meetings.  The wood was fitting for the Psalm written for those in search for Peace and Guidance... once surrounded by words of Worship... finding itself in a blaze of fire... resting in a forgotten pile of ashes... transformed into a new creation with a message for all to see!!!  May whoever receives this piece be inspired by its meaning.  The front depicts a scene of serenity and peacefulness... a field of green grass with views of quiet waters and blue skies.  Who could want anything more than to experience this in the core of one's very soul.  The back side reveals those fire-filled seasons when we find ourselves in a difficult time of life.  May you be reminded that the One who created you will help you through the fire and move you swiftly into a place of purpose.  
When you rest in HIM, you become a new piece of art 
with a hope-filled message for others to see.  
Many blessings...  Kim Bullen... 11.03.09

This piece was donated for the AES auction...