Thursday, January 6, 2011

SAME KINDA DIFFERENT AS ME


Best book ever!!!

...especially if you grew up in the south!!

It's a true story about


a homeless man,

an art dealer

and 

how God weaves 

their very different worlds together

into

ONE

powerfully 

beautiful 

Message!

It emanates a message that I am constantly telling my kids:

"Don't judge a book by it's cover!"

This book is all about reading the writing on the wall 
within others
and
 within ourselves!

It has definitely added a new chapter in my life
and 
solidifies
my God given purpose on this earth!!!

Look out for others.
Listen to their needs.
and 
Love what God is going to do in your lives!

We are all different
but
yet have the same need!

HIM

1 comment:

Angela said...

A young disciple introduced this book to me several years ago. She had just recommitted and was working at the Christian bookstore. Like you, Josephine...this book changed my life, too. I'd worked at a similar shelter with my husband. The patrons there called me Miss Lonnie - by my husbands first name. Besides knowing the Lord and having the priviledge to bow before him - there is NO higher calling than to step out and let Him love the seemingly unlovable through you. The blessings are countless - and you, my dear Sister - represent that calling.

Thank you.