Monday, January 3, 2011

WHY BLOG...

I've questioned so many times....
 Why blog?
Why in the world would someone spend time writing
 for the whole world to see your inner most thoughts...
And each time after many back and forths
between
Me, Myself and I
it always comes back to this:

To Testify

Each moment experienced and written about
is a testimony to His living moments in my life 
to pass on to my family and those around.

And the Lord answered me, and said, 
"Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
Hab 2:2

The woman at the well comes to mind almost every time I write.  
Jesus, 
tired out by his journey, was sitting by the well. It was about noon. 


A Samaritan woman came to draw water, 
and Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink.” 
The Samaritan woman said to him, 
“How is it that you, a Jew, ask a drink of me, a woman of Samaria?” 
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, 
and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ 
you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.” 
The woman said to him, “Sir, you have no bucket, and the well is deep. 
Where do you get that living water? 
Are you greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us the well?” 
Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, 
but those who drink of the water that I will give them, will never be thirsty. 
The water that I will give will become in them
 a spring of water gushing up to eternal life.” 
The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water, 
so that I may never be thirsty or have to keep coming here to draw water.” 
Jesus said to her, “ Go, call you husband, and come back.” 
The woman answered him, “I have no husband.” 
Jesus said to her, “You are right in saying, ‘I have no husband’; 
for you have had five husbands, and the one you have now is not your husband. 
What you have said is true!” 
The woman said to him, “Sir, I see that you are a prophet. 
Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, 
but you say that the place where people must worship is in Jerusalem.” 
Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, 
the hour is coming when you will worship God 
neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 
You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, 
for salvation is from the Jews. 
But the hour is coming and is now here, 
when the true worshipers will worship God in spirit and in truth. 
God is spirit, and those who worship God must worship in spirit and in truth.” 
The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming. 
When he comes, he will proclaim all things to us.” 
Jesus said to her, “I am the one.
(from John 4:6-23)



When we were newly married and truly seeking 
some divine guidance.... 
we would go from church to church trying to find our home.  
Catholic, Episcopal, Methodist, Baptist.... 
we tried them all.  
And the strangest thing that happened during our search
 was that every church we went to during that time... 
the preacher/priest/minister's teaching was always on
 the woman at the well.  
My husband and I were literally mouthing the words towards the end of their sermons.  

For years, I would wonder... 
what was God trying to tell us so desperately... 
as to follow us from one denomination to another and pound us in the head with this message. 
 And for almost 20 years since those sermons, 
He has slowly unveiled a little bit of His truth for me to see. 


HE truly quenches my THIRST.


HE is LIVING in His WORD.


CONFESSION is critical for...
FORGIVENESS.


WORSHIP is Recognition.


REVELATION is a deeper
RELATIONSHIP with Him.

I have had friends 
who have been miraculously healed,  
friends who have had an about face encounter with Him , 
friends who He has touched in a dramatic and supernatural way.  
And I LOVE hearing and seeing Him work in this mighty way.

But retrospectively,
 He seems to have always spoken to me in a more subtle way.  
I have not had a lot of these dramatic encounters with Him 
which seems to get a lot of the spotlight.... 
For me...
and I suspect many others...
I hear Him speak in quiet whispers.  

This blog is a collection of His whispers to me 
in a world filled with 
eyes that need to be filled with His hope and 
ears that yearn to hear His truth.  
I suspect He is whispering to many 
who are thirsting for His living water.

I have a familiar habit of trying to place God in a box 
to perform His mighty miracles 
with a trumpet serenading in the backdrop... 
Surprisingly, it's when I discover Him outside of my elaborate home made box, 
that He has taught me so much more about His glorious nature.


This year of 2010 revelation  
on the Samaritan woman at the well 
and the part I have overlooked for so many years 
is this:


Many of the Samaritans from that town 
believed in him 
because of the woman's testimony, ... 

John 4:39

Josephine's blog is my trumpet sounding
for anyone who has ears to hear...


 His whispers... 

He is all around....


just waiting to be recognized!

He is...

always surprising me.


... always mesmerizing me.


He soothes me.


...teaches me.


...simplifies me.


He boggles me...


...tickles me.


and stirs me.


He surrounds me.


...stills me.


...colors me.


and reminds me!


He shines on me.


...works through me.


and most of all
HE Loves me!!!


May the well that I draw from
quench the thirst of the thirsty.

No comments: